Penzance War Memorial, pictured here before Jubilee Pool was built. The diving platform at Battery Rocks is visible on the right.
The war memorial was erected in the middle of the old Battery, dedicated to those of Penzance who fell in the ‘Great War of 1914 -1918’. It consists of a tall obelisk standing on a square plinth and on two of the faces are inscribed the 207 names of the fallen. It was designed by Sir Edward Warren a prolific church architect, and unveiled on 14th May 1922 by Mrs Bolitho and dedicated by the Bishop of Truro.